Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Brand New Blog… Kind of Scared!

Hi! Welcome to my blog!

This is something that I’ve been wanting to do for a little while now, but the thought of writing a blog honestly terrified me. Why would anyone want to listen to me talk day after day? Do I really have that much to say? And what could I possibly add to the conversation in this wonderful world of blogging that could make it worth it for the readers that I hope will be joining me on this ride?

And then I thought back to why I wanted to do this in the first place. I have been blessed with so much in my life, so many opportunities that have taught me so much and still have so much to teach me. God has given me all of these things for a reason, and that is certainly not for me to hold all these lessons in for myself. He has given them to me so that I can learn and grow and glorify Him in my life. And that’s what this blog is about – How can I best make use of the blessings God has given me for His glory?

It’s about good stewardship.

And that brings me back to the fear. Funny transition, right? Not really when you consider that one of the more well-known parables of Jesus, the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30), has a great deal to do with stewardship, fear, and the intersection of the two. What drove the one talent man to hide the money in the ground? Fear.

As I was considering this passage the other day, a sad thought struck me…

Who knows what that man could have accomplished if he hadn’t been too afraid to try?

He could have done exactly what he was afraid of and lost his master’s money. But he also could have found success. Who knows?

And who knows what I might have been able to accomplish all those times when I allowed fear to hinder me in working in any way I could for my Lord? In the end, it’s really not about what I can or cannot accomplish… It’s GOD “who gives the increase” (1 Corinthians 3:5-7). This is the same God that promised that His word will always achieve that which He intends for it to achieve (Isaiah 55:10-11). All I need to do is to be faithful in presenting His word so that His will can be fulfilled.

So that’s my intent for this blog – to share the things that God has so graciously allowed me to learn in the day to day moments of my life, with the hope that maybe somebody out there reading it will find something within that can help them as well. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Erin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of my posts!