Monday, June 24, 2013

Why ‘The Meaning in the Moment’?

100_3615

You might be thinking that question isn’t really that hard to answer. I’m far from the first or the last person for which this has or will be a guiding principle – to recognize and truly experience the full meaning in every moment of life.  But there’s a bit more to it for me.

Anybody who has known me for more than five minutes knows that focus is not my strong suit. I get distracted by… well, by pretty much anything really. I chase so many rabbit trails while sitting in meetings, lessons, and conversations that you could start calling me Elmer Fudd.

Now, it’s not all bad. To be honest, in many ways it is a blessing to be able to jump from one thought to the next and, on the flip side, to get drawn in by even the most seemingly mundane of things. In other words, my inability to focus has helped me experience a wonderful variety of those moments that I’m interested in, and I am extremely grateful for this. In fact, some of my most personally significant insights have come as a result of chasing one of the rabbits I mentioned earlier. No, recognizing the moments has never really been the problem. It’s what happens when I catch sight of those moments that are at issue here.

When you never stop to focus on these moments, you will lose out on seeing the deeper meaning there.

How much deeper might those insights have been, how much more impact on my life might they have had, had I taken the time and effort needed to really focus on those moments and draw out the full meaning they had to offer? I have been living life as a series of exclamation points, but in doing so, have I missed out on the words (i.e. the actual meaning) in between?

And that’s where this blog comes in. This blog is one of the ways by which I mean to find focus in my life – to have the words and the exclamation points together. The nice thing is that I can already see some fruits of this coming through. Can’t wait to see where we go from here! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Erin ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of my posts!